Tecplot from Amtec is a software allowing the user to display data in a very easy and attractive way. XY-Plots, 2D or 3D visualizations illustrate data created directly with Tecplot or imported from common industrial format. This manual aims at helping novice users to discover rapidly the basics of this tool and to create attractive displays of their work. As a part of ENSEEIHT training, this manual is turned to Computational Fluid Dynamics applications.
|This is the interface of Tecplot. It is composed of 3 three main parts: the Menu Bar,
the Sidebar and the Status Line.
- The Menu Bar gives access to all tools of Tecplot and to on-line help.
- The Sidebar contains buttons and shortcuts to the most useful tools.
- The Status Line displays quick help about the object the cursor points.
In Tecplot data are organised in several Frames distributed in the Workspace. When running Teclpot, the workspace contains an empty frame. The user can create new frames, open different data in different frames or link some frames.
|The Menu Bar|
|File : common file commands - open/save import/export|
Edit : objects selection, copy/paste
View : 2D/3D orientations - manage angle of view
Axis : axis display and options
Field : 2D/3D data displays: mesh, contour, vector, streamtraces... and options
XY : XY-plot options
Style : text and drawings
Data : data management
Frame : display organization
Workspace: display, frames and colors attributes
Tools : macro - animations
Help : on-line help
|The main parts of the sidebar are:
- the Frame Modes used to toggle between display modes of the selected frame: 3D, 2D, XY-plots or Sketches (i. e. no data, only text or drawings)
- the Zone Layers accessing display types of the frame mode chosen.
- the Redraw buttons
- the button Plot Attributes..., very useful, which opens a box with all parameters of the zone layer.
- the Tools using the mouse. The important are the Mouse selection and the 3D rotation buttons.
|The Status Line|
|When the mouse is pointing a tool or a part of the window, a context-sensitive help appears.|
|[ Presentation ] [ Open/Save Data ] [ Basics ] [ Useful Tips ] [ Examples ]|
|[ Frame ] [ Exit ]|